Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Where To Buy Fresh Fish?

Where to buy fresh fish in Penang? I found out about this place few months ago and all I can say is - their fish is absolutely FRESH. Price is reasonable. The fishermen boat come back about 2pm and after they have clear their stuff, they will open their stall around 3.45pm to 4pm. They open everyday. It's located at Jalan Tanjung Bungah. If you are coming from Gurney Drive area, drive up to Paradise Sandy Beach Resort. Go further up and you will see Maxim Cake House. The stall is just opposite. For those who do not want to walk across, you can drive further up till the traffic light and make a turn back. The stall is also near to Tejani Clinic. There are lots of people who buy here. I go there at least twice a week to buy my seafood.

There are lots of choices but it also have to depends on the weather. Fish, prawns, crab and squid. All are fresh.................
They also help those customers to clean the fish. He is a very nice man.
Ever since I buy my seafood from here, hubby had been commenting that the fish he eat outside is not so nice. Last week, when we were at my parents house he told my mum that the fish from the market not so nice one. He tells her that next time when we go back, we will pack for her. Even my dad had reminded me to buy 2kg of kembung when I go back this weekend. He want to BBQ wor.
Do give it a try at this stall and I am sure you will go back again. Off course, there are also other stall but I am not too sure where it is. The others I had heard off is at Sungai Dua and Batu Maung. Anyone want to share where they buy fresh seafood?



4 comments:

Sweet Jasmine said...

I saw these stalls when I came back from Batu Ferringi...but not sure whether they are fresh...thks for the info.

Ada free time..? Come to my other site at http://bloggerbin56.blogspot.com/ to join in a tag...

Cookimg Island got bread flour..? Next time I visit..got myself a bread maker.

Unknown said...

Last time my hometown there can get fresh fish anytime, now the seaside become highway, I don't see this kind of scene anymore... so miss it.

Huei said...

ohh! cool!! n around dinner time oso! very nice!!! heheheh

y u announce? later everyone go then veli hard to get fresh fish anymore wan worrr =P hehehe jkjk

Little Inbox said...

From Sungai Batu, Teluk Kumbar seaside, you can find cheap seafood, fresh from the sea. Sell by the fisherman.