Monday, March 16, 2009

Penang - Coffee Island

Last week, a friend of mine drop by my shop and we went over to Coffee Island for lunch. It's my first time there. Honestly, I love this place. This place had been operated for almost 4 months already.
In Coffee Island, you get to choose either to sit outside where you can enjoy the natural air or you can sit indoor to have the cool air from the air-cond. There is also a small corner for customer to surf net. If not mistaken, it's free of charge.

I ordered Iced Forest Fruits Tea (RM5.50). It's good. Refreshing

My friend ordered Honey Lemon Juice (RM4.90) which she said not too bad either

My friend order Dhoby Ghaut Fried Mee (RM7.50)


For myself, I had ordered Cheesy Chicken Chop Rice (RM10.50)


We realise alot of customer ordering bread. So, we decided to order 1 to shared. Steam Bread with Kaya & Butter (RM3.60). Nothing really special except that the bread is soft

The total bill come to RM35.20 inclusive of service charge.
Overall, we find the food is quite good and reasonable. A recommended place to unwind after a hard day of work. Also suitable for business discussion. They have a wide range of local food too. You can find other famous local hawker food - which name after them. For example what my friend had ordered, Dhoby Ghaut Fried Mee.
Few days ago, me and hubby took a friend from Melaka to dine here. He love this place too. Cozy and relaxing.
Coffee Island
77, Persiaran Gurney
10250 Penang
Tel : 227 2377
Open daily
11am - 3am
PORK FREE

No comments: