Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hardwicke House Penang

What a long silence from me! Almost 2 months friends don't hear from me. My mum were sick and I had been busy taking care of her and I don't have any time or mood to post up any news. Only close friends of mine will know what happen. But, my mum had lost in the battle and she leave us on 17 Oct 2009 (Saturday) at 3.15pm at the age of 59. Yup, it was on Deepavali. Since then, I had been busy running around for prayers and doing some other things. I really don't have the mood to do anything. But, my son make me realise something. On the second day of my mum death, I sat down at the corner where my 6 years old son were with me. He was busy playing with some clips and when he saw me crying he asked me, "mummy, are you sad"? I just keep quite and did not answer his question. He use his index finger and draw a circle and tell me this, "it's a circle of life". He shocked me by saying that. He is only 6 years old and he is a late talker. Well, like he says IT'S A CIRCLE OF LIFE. I got to move on with other things. Being the eldest in the sibling, I have to be strong.

After, 2 months of being silence let me share with you a nice place in town that you can consider of having a good and cheap buffet lunch during the weekdays. It's only RM18++. Off course, don't expect to have big prawns or exclusive items for such a cheap buffet. It sounded cheap and many of you might ask will this be a good one. They might not have a very wide range of items but if I am not mistaken, they have a salad counter which have more than 10 items with 4 different dressing, 1 rice, 1 noodle, 6 main course and quite a good range of desserts inclusing of ice-cream. I have been there a few times for lunch and they are always pack. Try to make a reservation especially on Sunday lunch. Sunday buffet lunch will be at RM20++.



Hardwicke House
One of the dining area. If you have more than 10 pax, try to request for this area. Again, please make a reservation first

I like this area. Guess it meant for those who are there for wine

Some of the dessert that we find it yummy

You like it?
Some of the food we had
We find that the salad was good. My youngest sister who don't like vegetables like their salad so much. What a surprise!!!

The salad bar
The flyer

Hardwicke House
67, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah
10050 Penang
Tel : 604-226 4998
If you are planning for a small function and interested to find out more, try to contact Peter Tan, one of the owner. He will be glad to assist you.
We will try out the Buffet Dinner soon!!!

9 comments:

lilian said...

Awww...I am sorry to hear about this so late. My condolences and wow,ure you I am speechless with your boy.

erinalaw said...

lilian - thanks. It's okay. I learn from my son - it's a circle of life. After some times, all of us have to go home to be with God.

Babe_KL said...

sorry to hear on the passing of your mother. my deepest condolences to you and your family.

Little Inbox said...

I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family!

Sweet Jasmine said...

Just happen to drop here again and very sorry to hear about your mother's passing. My deepest condolences to U and family. Hope you r fine now.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your mom, long time no blog surfing.

Dianne said...

My condolences, sorry to hear about your mum's passing away.

BN said...

My condolences my old friend... I am sure she is in a better place now. Be rest assured...

Ur son amazes me each time with his words... :) It's a circle of life...ups and downs. Hope you are feeling better already *hugs*

the eatgod report said...

Hi,

We would like to cordially invite you to submit your article to the eatgod report. All you have to do is to fill in the form at the URL below this paragraph.

http://eatgod.ahyen.com/contribute/submit-an-article/

The list is still new so be the first few to be on that list! Get your friends and family to rate your post on this article. With this contribution you will be listed our foodie list ranked amongst the other foodies in the Malaysian blogging scene.

Furthermore you FREE links from us. No obligations!

If you are interested, do head on over to the form with the URL below.

http://eatgod.ahyen.com/contribute/submit-an-article/

If you encounter any difficulties, you can contact us at the email above or you can tweet us @theeatgodreport

Thanks!

P/S - You can submit other food-related content as well. There is no limit!